As a network of peers, working in the same industry and focusing on the development of paper honeycomb, members enjoy several benefits:
EMPHA works to fulfil its mission for the benefit of member companies in a variety of functions. Our scope and functions are:
- Provide a central source for industry information.
In 2021 EMPHA published the European Paper Honeycomb Industry Report.
Each quarter a Market Flash Survey is held among our members which provides a general summary of the current business climate.
- Act as an information source on legislative issues and represent members' interests whenever, and wherever, possible. We are in close contact with Citpa which is the International Confederation of Paper and Board Converters in Europe.
- Establish and maintain industry-related test methods and standards.
These voluntary industry standards were reviewed by the EMPHA Technical Committee in 2021.
- Provide a proactive European meeting forum for members.
Each year a General Assembly is held in June, in 2022 the meeting took place in Rostock, Germany and was hosted by our member Yamaton. In 2023 the meeting will be hosted by our member Pallite in the UK. Following the General Assembly, where the association's internal matters are discussed, presentation are organised around a topic that is of interest to the members such as sustainability, industry statistics or marketing.
Membership and fee structure
EMPHA offers two different membership types:
- Active membership is open to companies based in Europe that manufacture paper honeycomb core as their main or secondary activity.
Entrance fee: € 2.500,- (one-off)
Membership fee: € 3.000,- (per calendar year, renewed automatically)
- Associated membership is open to manufacturers of paper honeycomb core from other continents or suppliers to the paper honeycomb core industry.
Entrance fee: € 1.250,- (one-off)
Membership fee: € 1.500,- (per calendar year, renewed automatically)
Please complete the application form and submit it to the EMPHA Secretariat: